Nutrition Information Per Serving
| 450 calories
| 3.2g fat | 67 g protein
| 18.0g carb | 3.g fiber
Ingredients (for two servings)
4 chicken breast (approx 4 oz each)
2 medium onion, broad pieces
2 medium green pepper, broad pieces
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
2 c plain fat-free yogurt (1/2c to marinate chicken and 1.5c for a side of yogurt dip)
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 cucumber, shredded
2 oz. fresh cilantro
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
OR just two tsp premixed chicken tikka masala
lemon juice to taste
salt to taste
1. Make a marinade. Take 1/2 a cup of plain yogurt and mix ginger and garlic paste in it and put all the spices as listed above. Add lemon juice.
2. Cut chicken into pieces and put them in a marinade. Let it sit in the fridge for 30 min at least (overnight will be the best)
3. Take wooden skewers and now put the chicken pieces alternating with cut onion and green pepper. Put chopped fresh cilantro on the top. Spray olive oil and cover it with the aluminum foil. Now put it in the oven at 375℉ for 20 to 25 min.
4. Once cooked, place chicken on a hot skillet with some spray oil to sear the outside of the chicken.
For the yogurt dip:
1. Add the shredded cucumber and carrot in the remaining 1½ c low-fat plain yogurt and mix it.
2. Add some water if you like a thinner consistency.
3. Add salt to taste.
This can be your meal but if you want to add carbohydrates, then a side of Naan or pita bread can be added which will, of course, add the calories to the meal and will change the nutritional value mentioned at the top.